Trainings are fine-tuned to match the needs of participants or your specific program. If you’re interested in bringing an Amicus Grief and Trauma training to your organization or area, contact Kathleen DuChene or 612-348-8570.
An overwhelming amount of adolescents have experienced and are experiencing grief and trauma. We need to be aware of how we can best work with adolescents given this fact. This training focuses on the following:
- Definitions and the differences between grief and trauma
- Explanations of the short and longterm impacts of trauma
- Exercises to support and bring out the experiences of survivors
- Discussion of a trauma-informed program-what does it look like?
- Discussion of new research concerning historical trauma and its implications for our culture and its institutions.